Residential Aged Care Support Workers (FIFO)
Doomadgee or Mornington Island
- Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a difference through your day to day work?
- Join the leaders in the provision of community-based aged care and outreach services
- Multiple casual opportunities available in either Doomadgee or Mornington Island
- FIFO from Cairns or Townsville!
About North and West Remote Health (NWRH)
Leaders in the delivery of community based aged care, allied health, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, North and West Remote Health (NWRH) harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
Your new career awaits!
North and West Remote Health (NWRH) has a number of exciting opportunities for Residential Aged Care Support Workers to join their Doomadgee or Mornington Island Aged Care facilities on a casual, 76 hour/fortnight basis. These are FIFO roles from either Cairns or Townsville as per a negotiated roster.
As a Care Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing support to community and residential clients to retain their independence with resilience and dignity. This may include assistance with nutrition, hydration, personal hygiene, domestic assistance, communication, transport and community access.
This will be achieved by:
- Assisting residents to remain socially engaged with their peers;
- Assisting residents living with dementia, by participating in the development and implementation of an individually managed plans;
- Promptly responding to any changes to residents’ health conditions in accordance with the plan or care and under the direction of registered nurses;
- Documenting, and reporting on relevant care information, to inform holistic assessment and care planning for individual residents;
- Participating in the facilitation of culturally appropriate leisure activities for residents; and
- Meeting the Aged Care Quality Standards within the scope of your role.
Please note, suitable candidates will be rostered on 6 weeks at a time.
You will need to hold a Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability Care, or Community Care. You will also have a genuine desire to provide support to frail older people and younger people with a disability.
Successful candidates will operate comfortably in both a team and autonomous environment, and with people of multicultural backgrounds. An awareness of local health issues will also be advantageous. Resilience to work in very remote areas and the ability to adapt and respond to the challenges of the role will be essential. Acceptance of a shared collegiate living environment and the appreciation for the importance of working well in a team setting, is also important.
Furthermore, you will require a high degree of proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (or the ability to quickly learn), and must be comfortable working flexible hours as required.
Although not essential, previous experience working with older people or persons with a disability will be highly regarded, as will prior experience working in remote locations.
Please Note: Given the FIFO nature of the role, you must be willing to travel by small plane to the catchment area on a regular basis - electing to travel from either Cairns or Townsville. A 'C' Class Driver's License is also a requirement of this position.
To view the full position description please click here.
For any questions or further enquiries please contact Elise Rynn on 07 4781 9300 or email Elise.Rynn@nwrh.com.au.
Why you'll LOVE working with NWRH
This is an incredible opportunity to join a dedicated team in a pivotal support role.
If successful you will receive a highly attractive remuneration commensurate with your skills and experience including:
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900 per annum;
- Accommodation provided in your relevant location; and
- Paid return flights from Townsville or Cairns
Above all, you will benefit from joining a supportive and flexible organisation truly dedicated to improving the lives and wellbeing of clients living in a remote community.
Drive positive change with a vital community health service - Apply Now!
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply